20 Litter metal Pail.
(Ducting/Chilled water pipes and pipe fittings, valves and cold storages)
Introduction ENIFIX BA-60® Cold Applied Bituminous Adhesive in liquid form For Open (Glass Wool) And Partial Cell (Thermocole & Puf). Ideal For Adhesion Of Duct / Chilled Water Pipe Run And Cold Storages External Walls, Common Floors And Ceilings against hard industrial bitumen grade 85/25 available in solid-state packed in drums.
Description ENIFIX BA-60 is oxidized, cold applied, quick setting, low-cost bituminous Adhesive.
- Good adhesion.
- Alkali resistance
- Very good Cohesion
- Anti–fungal & antibacterial
- For all zones of India.
Precautions and Limitations
- Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) is supplied on request
Specific Technical Data Sheet
- Color : Black
- Odour : Mild
- Specific Gravity :1
- Temperature Range : –20 to 80°C
- Open Time : 15 to 20 Minutes
All expanded polystyrene/polyurethane insulation shall be applied with BA–60 adhesive. The Adhesive shall be applied to the ductwork and pipe at a maximum coverage of 43.04 square feet per Liter, and full coverage shall be given to the metal.
Method of Application
- Clean both the surfaces of dirt, grease & oil.
- Apply ENIFIX BA–60 by brush on both the mating surfaces and wait for 15-20 minutes for the Bituminous adhesive to develop full tack. Press both the surfaces firmly to ensure complete and firm contact.
- In the case of conventional cold storages, the Polyethylene vapor barrier is applied on the walls, ceilings with cold-applied ENIFIX BA-60 followed by fixing of insulation by means of GI battens.
- In case the thickness of insulation is more than 50 mm, the insulation is to be applied in a double layer and in staggered joints. All the joints should be sealed properly with ENIFIX BA-60.
- For the insulations requiring vapor barrier, it is understood that an overlap of around 50–80 mm is to be provided and sealed with ENIFIX BA–60.
- Clean brush and equipment with warm soapy water while wet or with mineral spirits (flammable) if dry
- Depending upon the surface, its evenness, and absorbency, one liter will cover 3.5 to 4m2/ltr.
- We recommend that the Adhesive container should not be exposed to direct sunlight.