5 and 30 Litre Can
ENIFIX 500 LV
(Low VOC Synthetic Elastomer Based Adhesive)
XCHEM Enifix 500 LV is a specially developed low VOC, air
drying contact adhesive that is excellent for seams and butt joints
of pipes and sheet insulation for line temperature ranging from
90°C to 120°C. Enifix 500 LV may also use to bond sheet
insulation to flat or curved metal surfaces with operating
temperatures ranging from 60°C to 80°C.
- Flame spread: 10 and Smoke developed: 5
- Excellent Adhesion and High Strength
- Excellent Bonding to Porous & Non-Porous Surfaces
- Quick Drying and Setting Time
- Excellent Heat Resistance
- Chemical Resistant
- UV Resistant
- Low Odor
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATION DATA
Colour : Amber
- Physical form : Dark Liquid
- Specific Gravity (ASTM D 1475-98) : 0.82±0.05
- Solids Content (ASTM D 1644) : 32±2 %
- Viscosity (ASTM D 2196) : 500-1200 cps
- Flash Point (ASTM D 93) : No Flash to >100C
Water Vapour Permeance (ASTM F 1249)
0.05 – 0.08 perms
VOC Content (ASTM D 2369-98)
- Meets requirements for LEED IEQ 4.1, Low Emitting
- Materials, Adhesives & Sealants. VOC <10 g/ltr
Drying Time (ASTM D 1640)
Set to Touch: 5 to 10 Mins
Minus 25oC to 120oC (Temperature at coated surface)
- Wet coverages shown below are for smooth non-porous surfaces.
- Porous or rough surfaces may require more litres to obtain required dry thickness.5 – 6 m2/ltr
- Consult Material Safety Data Sheet and container label for further information.
Method of Application
Enifix 500 LV will make a resilient and heat resistant bond
with many materials where use of low VOC solvent based rubber
based adhesive is suitable and required. It is specially developed
to meet the criteria for reduced emissions of Volatile Organic
Compound. It is also used for bonding EPDM rubber.
- Military Spec. MIL-A-24179A, Type II, class I
- LEED IEQ 4.1, Low Emitting Materials, Adhesives
& Sealants (VOC <50 g/ltr)
- SCAQMD Rule 1168 & 40 CFR 59
- ASTM E84: Standard Test Method for Surface
- NFPA 90A and 90B 25/50
- DCL Approved
- Free of asbestos, lead and mercury compounds
- The surface should be structurally sound, clean, dry, leveled, unheated and free from dust, curing compounds, grease and other loose debris. Keep container closed when not in use.
- Brush or roll a thin even coat of ENIFIX 500 LV on both surfaces to be joined.
- Allow the adhesive films to become dry to the touch, but tacky, before joining the surfaces.
- Press the two surfaces together.
- Be sure the insulation is in the desired position before the adhesive surfaces make initial contact, since the adhesive forms an instant bond, and repositioning after contact is difficult.
- Moderate pressure should then be applied to the entire bonding area to insure complete contact.
- Clean with thinner.