5 USG Plastic Pail
MAGIK 30-36 AF
(UL CLASSIFIED AF HVAC Lagging Adhesive / Coating)
MAGIK 30-36 AF is an UL Classified, anti-fungal, low
VOC water based, flexible fire resistant coating for Duct Insulation.
MAGIK 30-36 AF is washable, tough, and abrasion resistant.
MAGIK 30-36 AF acts as a lagging & lap adhesive for canvas and
glass reinforcing cloth where additional fungal resistance is
required. MAGIK 30-36 AF has excellent flow properties therefore
it provides smooth brushing characteristics, which results in better
coverage and uniformly coated surfaces. MAGIK 30-36 AF can be
used both indoor & outdoor & in high humid environment.
- Zero Flame spread and Smoke developed
- Excellent Adhesion and High Strength
- Mold and Fungus resistant
- Washable and Water Resistant
- Compatible with Polystyrene Foam Insulation
- Compatible with Polyurethane Foam Insulation
- Non Toxic and Non Flammable
- UV Resistant
- Doesn’t get discolored with age
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATION DATA
- Colour : White
- Physical form : Thixotropic Paste
- Specific Gravity (ASTM D 1475-98) : 1.35±0.15 kg/ltr
- Solids Content (ASTM D 1644) : 63±2 %
- Viscosity (ASTM D 2196) : 35000-60000 cps
- Flash Point (ASTM D 93) : No Flash to >150oC
- Application : Brush or spray
- Meets requirements for LEED IEQ 4.2, Low Emitting
- Materials, Paints & Coatings. VOC <12 g/ltr
- Set to Touch : 2 to 3 Hours
- Dry Through : 15 to 17 Hours
- Wet coverage’s shown below are for smooth non-porous surfaces. Porous or rough surfaces may require more litres to obtain required dry thickness.
- 1 – 1.7 m2/ltr per coat to obtain wet film thickness of 1 – 0.5mm per coat.
Method of Application
MAGIK 30-36 AF is used for outdoors as well as indoors-thermal
insulation material on metal duct, in areas where high humidity and
elevated temperature are major problems. MAGIK 30-36 AF is an
ideal product to prevent mold and fungus growth. MAGIK 30-36 AF
may be applied to the joints or edges of fibrous duct liner insulation
to seal and prevent air erosion.
- Military Spec. MIL-A-3316C, Class 1, Grade A
- LEED IEQ 4.2, Low Emitting Materials, Paints & Coatings (VOC <50 g/ltr)
- SCAQMD Rule 1168 & 40 CFR 59
- Under Writers Laboratory (UL 723)
- NFPA 90A and 90B 25/50
- DCL Approved
- Free of asbestos, lead and mercury compounds
- Apply MAGIK 30-36 AF @ 1 – 1.7 m2/ liter (subject to surface condition). It is very important to ensure that each coat of MAGIK 30-36 AF is totally cured before the next coat is applied. The dry film thickness will vary with fabric selected.
- Use clean paint brushes which are suitable for water based paints. Apply with full brush and spread out evenly.