5 USG Plastic Pail
(UL CLASSIFIED HVAC Lagging Adhesive / Coating)
MAGIK 30-36 is a UL Classified, low VOC, water-based,
flexible fire-resistant coating for Duct Insulation. MAGIK 30-36 is
washable, tough, and abrasion-resistant. MAGIK 30-36 acts as a
lagging & lap adhesive for canvas and glass reinforcing cloth.
MAGIK 30-36 has excellent flow properties therefore it provides
smooth brushing characteristics, which results in better coverage
and uniformly coated surfaces. MAGIK 30-36 can be used both
indoor & outdoor & in a high humid environment.
- Zero Flame spread and smoke developed.
- Excellent Adhesion and High Strength.
- Washable and Water Resistant.
- Compatible with Polystyrene Foam Insulation.
- Compatible with Polyurethane Foam Insulation.
- Non-Toxic and Non Flammable.
- UV Resistant.
- Doesn’t get discolored with age.
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATION DATA
Colour : White
Physical form : Thixotropic Paste
Specific Gravity (ASTM D 1475-98) : 1.35±0.15 kg/ltr
Solids Content (ASTM D 1644) : 62±2 %
Viscosity (ASTM D 2196) : 55000-75000 cps
Flash Point (ASTM D 93) : No Flash to >150C
Service Temperature : Minus 20C to 100C
Water Vapour Permeance (ASTM F 1249)
0.4 – 1.2 perms at .030 inch (0.76 mm) dry film thickness
VOC Content (ASTM D 2369-98)
- Meets requirements for LEED IEQ 4.2, Low Emitting
- Materials, Paints & Coatings. VOC <1 g/ltr
Drying Time (ASTM D 1640)
- Set to Touch : 2 to 3 Hours
- Dry Through : 15 to 17 Hours
- Wet coverages shown below are for smooth non-porous surfaces. Porous or rough surfaces may require more litres to obtain required dry thickness.
- 1 – 1.8 m2/ltr per coat to obtain wet film thickness of 1 – 0.5mm per coat.
Method of Application
MAGIK 30-36 is used for outdoors as well as indoors-thermal
insulation material to adhere fire resistant lagging cloth over metal
duct, equipment & pipe insulation. MAGIK 30-36 may be applied to
the joints or edges of fibrous duct liner insulation to seal and
prevent air erosion. Magik 30-36 provides a protective finish for
insulation on air conditioning ducts and cold water piping when
applied in 2 coats with reinforcing fabric embedded between coats.
- Military Spec. MIL-A-3316C, Class 1, Grade A.
- LEED IEQ 4.2, Low Emitting Materials, Paints & Coatings (VOC <50 g/ltr).
- SCAQMD Rule 1168 & 40 CFR 59.
- Under Writers Laboratory (UL 723).
- NFPA 90A and 90B 25/50.
- DCL Approved.
- Free of asbestos, lead and mercury compounds.
- Apply MAGIK 30-36 @ 1 – 1.8 m2/ liter (subject to surface condition). It is very important to ensure that each coat of MAGIK 30-36 is totally cured before the next coat is applied. The dry film thickness will vary with fabric selected.
- Use clean paint brushes which are suitable for water based paints. Apply with full brush and spread out evenly.