5 USG Plastic Pail
(UL CLASSIFIED HVAC Vapor Barrier Mastic Coating)
MAGIK 60-95 is a UL Classified, latex rubberized, low VOC, water-based, fire retardant coating for Duct Insulation. MAGIK 60-95 is flexible, washable, tough, and abrasion-resistant. MAGIK 60-95 has excellent water resistance and low water permeance. MAGIK 60-95 is ideal for use in a high humid environment and greatly retards water vapor permeation.MAGIK 60-95 provides smooth brushing characteristics due to its excellent flow properties.
- Zero Flame spread and Smoke developed
- Excellent Vapor Barrier & Weather Protection
- Excellent Adhesion and High Strength
- Mold and Fungus resistant
- Washable and Water Resistant
- Compatible with Polystyrene Foam Insulation
- Compatible with Polyurethane Foam Insulation
- Non Toxic and Non Flammable
- UV Resistant
- Doesn’t get discolored with age
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATION DATA
Colour : White
- Physical form : Thixotropic Paste
- Specific Gravity (ASTM D 1475-98) : 1.30±0.15 kg/ltr
- Solids Content (ASTM D 1644) : 66±3 %
- Viscosity (ASTM D 2196) : 25000-60000 cps
- Flash Point (ASTM D 93) : No Flash to >150oC
- Service Temperature : Minus 50oC to 120oC
- Application : Brush or spray
0.05 perms at 0.80 mm dry film thickness
Drying Time (ASTM D 1640)
- Set to Touch: 2 to 3 Hours
- Dry Through: 15 to 17 Hours
Coverage Range (subject to surface condition)
- Wet coverages shown below are for smooth non-porous surfaces. Porous or rough surfaces may require more litres to obtain required dry thickness.
- 0.7 – 1.3 m2/ltr per coat to obtain wet film thickness of 1-0.5 mm per coat.
Method of Application
MAGIK 60-95 is used for outdoors as well as indoors-thermal
insulation material on metal duct, in areas where high humidity and
elevated temperature are major problems. MAGIK 60-95 is used
as a high solid vapor barrier finish for most types of thermal
insulations and provides outstanding weather and vapor barrier
protection for sprayed PU (poly-urethane) foam. MAGIK 60-95 can
be used for insulation on pipes, vessels & ducts and is ideal for
vapor sealing ASJ, FRK & FSK Jackets. MAGIK 60-95 acts as an
excellent duct closure sealant. MAGIK 60-95 is an ideal product for
flexible cellular insulation tubing and sheets.
- Military Spec. MIL-A-3316C, Class 1, Grade A
- Under Writers Laboratory (UL 723)
- NFPA 90A and 90B 25/50
- DCL Approved
- Free of asbestos, lead and mercury compounds
- Apply MAGIK 60-95 @ 0.7 – 1.3 m2/ liter (subject to surface condition). It is very important to ensure that each coat of MAGIK 60-95 is totally cured before the next coat is applied. The dry film thickness will vary with fabric selected.
- Use clean paint brushes which are suitable for water based paints. Apply with full brush and spread out evenly.