5 USG Metal Pail
(UL CLASSIFIED Synthetic Elastomer Duct Adhesive)
MAGIK 81-10 is a UL Classified premium quality, single component, synthetic rubber-based adhesive with special additives and tackifier. MAGIK 81-10 is a rapid setting synthetic elastomer adhesive for use with fibrous glass insulation, duct wrap, and acoustical linings for air handling units.
- Zero Flame spread and Smoke developed
- Excellent Bonding and Peel Off Strength
- Excellent Open Time and Wet Tack
- High Compatibility with Insulation Fiber & Fabric
- Excellent Bonding to Porous & Non-Porous Surfaces
- Excellent Coverage
- Weather Resistant
- Fire Resistant
- UV Resistant
- Low Odor
- Chemical Resistant
- Non Toxic
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATION DATA
Colour : Green
Physical form : Liquid
Specific Gravity (ASTM D 1475-98) : 0.75±0.10 kg/ltr
Solids Content (ASTM D 1644) : 30±2 %
Viscosity (ASTM D 2196) : 300-600 cPs
Flash Point (ASTM D 93) : Flash Point >10C
Service Temperature : Minus 30oC to 95oC
Drying Time (ASTM D 1640)
Set to Touch : 10 Minutes
Complete Bond : 30 Minutes
Coverage Range (subject to surface condition)
4.8 – 9.8 m2/ltr for a wet film thickness of 0.1 – 0.2 mm. Refer to application procedure section.
Method of Application
MAGIK 81-10 is recommended in applications where fibrous glass
and other type of insulation are bonded to the interior or exterior of
metal air conditioning ducting systems.
- Military Spec. MIL-A-3316C, Class 2, Grade A
- Under Writers Laboratory (UL 723)
- NFPA 90A and 90B 25/50
- ASTM C916 Type IV
- DCL Approved
- Free of asbestos, lead and mercury compounds
- Apply MAGIK 81-10 with brush, roller or pressure feeding equipment evenly on both surfaces and wait until solvent is fully evaporated. After the evaporation of solvent in adhesive, assemble the surface by applying normal hand pressure.
- In case of fibrous wool, apply MAGIK 81-10 evenly by brush, roller or any suitable equipment over the GI sheet and wait for 5 to10 minutes before bonding the glass wool.