5 USG Plastic Pail
(UL CLASSIFIED Water Based Quick Tack Duct Adhesive)
XCHEM MAGIK 85-60 is an UL Classified, zero VOC, premium
quality water based adhesive, with high tack and rapid setting.
MAGIK 85-60 is based on a very special type of synthetic resin,
with very high performance additives, fine grade mineral fillers and tackyfier. MAGIK 85-60 is non- flammable when wet and fire-
resistive when dry.
- Zero Flame spread and Smoke developed
- Excellent Bonding and Peel Off Strength
- Solvent Free Synthetic Elastomer Emulsion
- High Compatibility with Insulation Fiber & Fabric
- Excellent Coverage
- Weather Resistant
- Heat Resistant
- UV Resistant
- Moisture Resistant
- Non Toxic
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATION DATA
- Colour : Cream
- Physical form : Thixotropic Paste
- Specific Gravity (ASTM D 1475-98) : 1.20±0.10 kg/ltr
- Solids Content (ASTM D 1644) : 65±3 %
- Viscosity (ASTM D 2196) : 10000-20000 cps
- Flash Point (ASTM D 93) : No Flash to >100C
- Service Temperature : Minus 25C to 200C
VOC Content (ASTM D 2369-98)
- Meets requirements for LEED IEQ 4.1, Low Emitting
- Materials, Adhesive & Sealants. VOC: 0 g/ltr
- Set to Touch: 10 to 15 Minutes
- Dry Through: 15 to 120 Minutes
12 months from date of manufacturing in original unopened containers.
Store product (10oC – 40oC) for maximum storage life. Higher temperatures reduce normal storage life. Lower temperatures may cause increased viscosity of a temporary nature. Rotate stock on a “first in-first out” basis.
Failure to comply with the recommended storage conditions may result in premature deterioration of the product or packaging.
Method of Application
MAGIK 85-60 is recommended for bonding of fire rated duct fabric,
low Density duct liner, duct wrap, & fibrous glass insulation to
painted or unpainted steel, galvanized or aluminum surface.
MAGIK 85-60 can also be applied as a contact bond adhesive,
being applied to both surfaces in areas where water entrapment
may be a problem such as polystyrene to metal. MAGIK 85-60 is
ideal for bonding fibrous glass insulation to concrete, block and
other masonry surface in building construction. MAGIK 85-60 can
also be used for ASJ, FSK, PVDC and PVC Jackets.
Brush, spray or roller
- Military Spec. MIL-A-3316C, Class 2, Grade A.
- LEED IEQ 4.1, Low Emitting Materials, Adhesive
- & Sealants (VOC <50 g/ltr).
- SCAQMD Rule 1168 & 40 CFR 59.
- Under Writers Laboratory (UL 723).
- NFPA 90A and 90B 25/50.
- ASTM C916 Type II.
- DCL Approved.
- Free of asbestos, lead and mercury compounds.
- The surface should be structurally sound, clean, dry, leveled and free from dust, curing compounds, grease and other loose debris. Keep container closed when not in use.
For wet bond application apply MAGIK 85-60 uniformly on the metal surface at 8-14 m2/liter. While wet, apply pressure to assure intimate bond.
For contact bond application apply MAGIK 85-60 uniformly on the metal surface at8-12 m2/liter. Coat the insulation surface at 3-5 m2/liter. Allow the adhesive to tack fully and allow the moisture to evaporate for 20-45 minutes, depending on the local environment. Position the two mating surface together and apply pressure to assure intimate bond.