5 USG Plastic Pail
MAGIK VB 95
(UL CLASSIFIED HVAC Vapor Barrier Coating)
MAGIK VB 95 is a UL Classified, anti-fungal, low VOC,
water-based, fire retardant, high solid vapor barrier coating for Duct Insulation. MAGIK VB 95 is flexible, washable, tough, abrasion-resistant and has low odor. MAGIK VB 95 has excellent water resistance and low water permeance. MAGIK VB 95 can be used in a high humid environment and greatly retards water vapor permeation. MAGIK VB 95 is specially formulated for both indoor and outdoor applications.
- Zero Flame spread and Smoke developed
- Excellent Adhesion and High Strength
- Mold and Fungus resistant
- Washable and Water Resistant
- Compatible with Polystyrene Foam Insulation
- Compatible with Polyurethane Foam Insulation
- Non Toxic and Non Flammable
- Highly Solid and Weather-Proof
- UV Resistant
- Doesn’t get discolored with age
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATION DATA
- Colour : White
- Physical form : Thixotropic Paste
- Specific Gravity (ASTM D 1475-98) : 1.40±0.10 kg/ltr
- Solids Content (ASTM D 1644) : 72±2 %
- Viscosity (ASTM D 2196) : 55000-70000 cps
- Flash Point (ASTM D 93) : No Flash to >150oC
- Application : Brush or spray
- Service Temperature : Minus 30oC to 110oC
- Meets requirements for LEED IEQ 4.2, Low Emitting
- Materials, Paints & Coatings. VOC <12 g/ltr
- Set to Touch : 2 to 3 Hours
- Dry Through : 15 to 17 Hours
- Wet coverages shown below are for smooth non-porous surfaces. Porous or rough surfaces may require more litres to obtain required dry thickness.
- 1 – 1.6 m2/ltr per coat to obtain wet film thickness of 1 – 0.5 mm per coat.
Method of Application
MAGIK VB 95 is used for outdoors as well as indoors-thermal insulation material on metal duct, in areas where high humidity and elevated temper-ature are major problems. MAGIK VB 95 is ideal for sealing ASJ, FRK and FSK jackets and board facings at joints, laps over staple and weld pin puncture. MAGIK VB 95 acts as an excellent duct closure sealant. MAGIK VB 95 may also be used over finishing cement or dry concrete.
- Military Spec. MIL-A-3316C, Class 1, Grade A
- LEED IEQ 4.2, Low Emitting Materials, Paints & Coatings (VOC <50 g/ltr)
- SCAQMD Rule 1168 & 40 CFR 59
- Under Writers Laboratory (UL 723)
- NFPA 90A and 90B 25/50
- DCL Approved
- Free of asbestos, lead and mercury compounds
- Apply MAGIK VB 95 @ 1 – 1.6 m2/ liter (subject to surface condition). It is very important to ensure that each coat of MAGIK VB 95 is totally cured before the next coat is applied. The dry film thickness will vary with fabric selected.
- Use clean paint brushes which are suitable for water based paints. Apply with full brush and spread out evenly.